In the last 10 years, the evangelical church has doubled (and grown ten-fold in the last 60). There are currently over 600,000 believers attending churches throughout France and a new church is planted every ten days!
Training colleges have not developed at a similar rate:
- Few evangelical Bible colleges and seminaries
- Limited student numbers mean a lack of trained leaders
- Half of France’s pastors are due to retire in the next 10 years
Every year, we are forced to turn down applications, especially from couples and families, owing to a lack of available accommodation. Nogent is a mixed blessing:
- An ideal location, 14 min by train from the center of Paris
- Premises in high demand on evenings and weekends, for training days, church meetings and public events
- Yet there is not enough living space for our students: the Institute has only 27 single rooms and 7 apartments for couples/families
- Accommodation in Nogent is far too expensive (Paris property prices are among the highest in the world)
OUR GOAL: building for the future by creating more on-site accommodation, allowing us to greatly increase our yearly intake, particularly for couples and families.
The Nogent Bible Institute has decided on the construction of a fourth building with a total floor space of 9,250 sq ft over five levels comprising:
- 18 student rooms with ensuite bathroom, 2 with disabled access
- 6 apartments
- a 1,000 sq ft refectory with seating for 100 people (allowing the existing refectory to be turned into a new classroom)
Total building cost: $2,405,000 financed by
- $1,200,000 from gifts, donations and foundations in France, Europe, the USA and Canada
- $1,200,000 bank loan (or less if we receive more donations)
OUR HOPE: that you will support this project with a donation or by regular giving.
Download flyer USA / UK